Liposuction versus tummy tuck
Correcting a protruding stomach can reshape the body, however it is important to choose the correct procedure.
The main considerations are;
– Has the patient had children or a significant weight loss.
– Is there any loose skin on the abdomen?
– Does the excess form an overhang or “apron”?
– Is the “belly button” misshapen, or sitting unusually low?
Any of, or a combination of the above, usually indicates that an abdominoplasty would give a better result than liposuction alone.
Liposuction alone will give a good result if;
– The patient has good skin tone.
– There are no stretch marks.
– The patient is not obese.
It is possible to do a combination of both procedures, reshaping other areas of the body with liposuction.
The following areas can be treated with liposuction;
– Abdomen, hips, back arms, thighs, knees, calves ankles and chin.
Call in for a no cost assessment of your “problem area” to work out the best plan for you.