Contemplating cosmetic surgery off shore.. perhaps in Asia? Here are some things to consider..
There are risks to all surgery, these include;
- Infection: although not common in Australia, some of the “superbugs” found in some Asian countries can cause major health problems.
- Your general health: pre-operative blood tests, ultrasounds, chest ex ray, and many other scans are commonplace pre operatively in Australia, but perhaps not in other countries.
- Surgeons skills: Australian surgeons, operating in registered hospitals, have the high standard of training demanded by our Medical system.
- Visible scars: most Australian surgeons, when performing the cosmetic procedures, concentrate on giving an excellent result, without evidence that an operation has taken place.
- Aftercare: should you require a revision or if anything unforsaken were to happen, it is better to have your surgeon nearby.
- Results: You will expect your surgery to have a long lasting effect, whereas, results from facial surgery, breast implants, uplifts, reductions and tummy tucks from some of the ” bargain” priced overseas surgeons, very often need a complete revision.
Talk to a professional advisor and choose your surgeon carefully if you are to have a successful result.