Although costs vary slightly, all qualified and experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeons usually offer similar costs.
The variation may be accounted for in the time the procedure takes and this will also impact on the cost for hospital and anaesthetics.
Average costs for the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures are;
- Face Lift – $8,000 to $18,000
- Breast Implants -$6,000 to $12,000
- Rhinoplasty ( nose) – $6,000 to $10,000
- Otoplasty ( ears) – $4,000 to $8,000
- Blepharoplasty (eyes) – $3,000 to $8,000
- Abdominoplasty (tummy) – $8,000 to $12,000
- Liposuction – $5,000 to $15,000
Some procedures have GST to be added and there are additional hospital and anaesthetic costs to be added, although if the procedure has a Medicare item number these may be covered by a private health fund.
To obtain an accurate estimate, it is advisable to see a surgeon or an experienced cosmetic surgery advisor.